Most of High Point Pharms products are made with our own CBD full-spectrum oil. What is the difference between full-spectrum, broad spectrum, and CBD isolate oils? And what are the advantages and disadvantages of each type?
CBD isolate comes in a powder form. Isolate means that the CBD is being isolated from all other cannabinoids and plant material. CBD isolate is 99% pure as it does not contain any THC or other phytocannabinoids.
- Isolate advantages: CBD isolate is easy to measure and very versatile to use in many products. Many people prefer CBD isolate since there is no THC in the products as they must undergo drug testing for multiple reasons.
- Isolate disadvantages: When processing removes all other phytocannabinoids to create isolate, they also are taking away any wellness benefits that these other cannabinoids offer.
Broad Spectrum CBD oil is distillate oil that has been processed to remove all of the THC that is naturally occurring in the plant. It does contain all other phytocannabinoids in the cannabis plant, which do provide wellness benefits.
- Broad spectrum advantages: If someone is being drug tested for THC, broad spectrum products provide the advantage of having all cannabinoids present in the product without the THC.
- Broad spectrum disadvantages: THC provides some wellness benefits that help create the entourage effect. By not having a little THC in the product, you are removing this benefit.
Full spectrum CBD oil contains the full range of phytocannabinoids available in the cannabis plant. To be legal federally, it must contain less than .3% THC.
- Full-spectrum advantages: Full spectrum oil is the least processed of the three main types of CBD oils, which means it is the closest to the natural cannabis plant as possible. Because it contains all phytocannabinoids and some terpenes, some people believe that it has the most wellness benefits available.
- Full-spectrum disadvantages: Since full spectrum includes all cannabinoids, including THC, you could potentially test positive on a drug test.
Almost all of High Point Pharms products are made with our own CBD full-spectrum oil. We believe that having all of the cannabinoids available in our products provide the best health and wellness benefits for the consumer.
We do use CBD isolate in our bath bombs as it is much easier to make bath bombs using the isolate powder and has no cannabis smell.